Taking advantage of Napalm Death arrival in Japan for the "Extreme the Dojo vol. 30" with Pig Destroyer and Nasum (that will play their last gig ever in Japan) (view the live report and photos of the show), I am honored to meet Barney, vocalist from Napalm Death.
I was supposed to meet Shane, their bassist, but due to a non serious health problem, he got stuck in the UK and couldn't join the Asian tour.
Barney willingly answers to all my questions ... and we end up discussing for an hour about politics and Japan. The memory of the camera fortunately passed out long before, and here are Barney's interesting answers.
Part 1 :
1. The changes in your music, since the beginning of Napalm ? (00:30)
2. Barney's start in Metal (01:49)
3. How did you enter Napalm ? (03:23)
4. When did you quit your job to fully focus on Napalm ? (05:03)
5. How is to be fully dedicated to Napalm Death ? Is it sometimes exhausting ? (06:29)
6. Is it difficult to combine it with your personal life and family ? (07:07)
7. Do you live close to each other ? (08:03)
8. How did you come up with this new genre you created ? (08:42)
9. Is the creation of this new genre related to the context (of being in Birmingham ...) ? (09:43)
Part 2 :
1. Do you have side projects ? (00:08)
2. What is the concept in Utilitarian (00:33)
3. Musically, what did change in Utilitarian, compared to the previous records ? (03:46)
4. Split with Converge (04:51)
5. Name a band you're ashamed of listening to (05:10)
6. Your most fantastic memory of being a member of Napalm Death (05:39)
7. Your favorite Napalm Death song ?
8. What would you have done if not in Napalm Death ? (07:51)
9. What are you reading recently ? (08:55)
Part 3 :
1. Talking about his vision of politics, what we should do, and also about politics in Asia ...
2. About Japan, his numerous visits to the country, his commitment to help after the tsunami disaster, ...
3. What he likes ... and dislikes in Japan, from food to the unequality between the rich and the poor
4. About whaling in Japan
Did you know ?
Nikki Sixx the man who died and came back to life. Nikki Sixx died of an overdose but they rushed him to hospital as soon as they found him. They put him on the table and he was dead but they gave him 2 shots of adrenaline to the heart and 2 min. later he came back to life. - More info about Mötley Crüe