- Request for reviews : here
- Request for partnership : here
- Promotion, news and lives : here
- Become a reviewer : here
- Report an error : here
NB : to submit your news and lives, go here (news)
and here (concerts)
For the bands, records, associations or shops, Metalship makes available to all lots of tools to help you in your promotion (Metalship personal space, official forum, ads, news, emails, support and fans circle, lives calendar, etc).
To take advantage of it, start by registrating here
The Metalship Project
You're just a fan and you're looking for a forum to be aware of what's going on and meet new people ?
You are a band and you are looking for a site to promote your band, to bring some douche bags at your shows and adding 40 000 friends on Myspace, hoping that one of them will notice you ?
Actually, we could not say that metal is over-represented by medias. Of course the situation was improved with Internet and all the webzines, but most of them pay attention to the most famous bands only, and it's always tough to be noticed when we're only a local band.
That's in light of these observations that the "local Metalship" project was started.
What are its objectives ?
Basically, what is it ?
- Promote heavy Metal on local scale : for all the actors of the local Metal scene to meet and create together (personal space, forums, shoutbox, personalized calendar, list of local professionals...
- Introduce to Metal, all its genres and innovative bands (reviews, interviews, live reports...)
- Keep informed of Metal current events (news, lives, release dates …)
- A Metal webzine, to inform our readers of worldwide Metal current events and recommend the best albums of the month, the whole being written by an independent official reviewers team..
metal news, reviews, live reports, interviews, metal features ...
- A Metal participative encyclopedia, to enrich yourself by discovering new bands and genres and giving the more detailed info about any band. Of course, anyone can contribute, making others discover the bands you like.
bands bios & discographies, lyrics, artists bios, release dates, videos, pictures, wallpapers, mp3s...
- A Metal concert calendar, one of the most complete metal gigs sites, also listing venues, and letting you create your personal lives calendar, directly in your personal page.
concerts calendar, venues list
- A Metal community and social network, with already 16151 members in 110 months, talking and debating on the forums, chats, private mails, comments, or build their own friends network and their users group thanks to Forum-Metal.com, the Metal forum gathering in only one community all your personal forums and official forums of bands and associations.
forums, shoutboxes, personal mailbox, friends network, comments, metal quizz ...
- Your own Metalship personal space, your entirely personalisable website, with your concerts calendar, news, want ads, videos, playlist etc...
personal page, personal calendar, albums collection, favorite bands, personalized newsletter ...
In short, Metalship is not only a webzine and an encyclopedia, but a whole community to meet up with other metalheads and pros, for anyone to have a space to discuss Metal.
How much does it cost ?
It's totally free even if a more complete version (advanced tools to manage his promotion) and not free could appear later.
In exchange, if you like the work and tools we provide, it would be cool to put a Metalship banner
on your website, forum, blog or myspace, it'd help Metalship to become more famous, bring more people in the community and bring us more resources for the developpement of Metalship ;-).
Who is it for ?
All pros and fans of the Metal scene are invited to come and express themselves :
- the fans : all the Metal info and news of your state, forums, talks and encounters... You can also contribute to the encyclopedia and share your knowledge with others, and maybe even become an official reviewer !
- bands : for your promotion, inform people of your news, album releases, ads... Get some contacts, meet associations, record labels and future fans ;-), with your personal space, concerts calendar, discography ...
- associations : make people talk about you, meet local bands, announce your ads ...
- labels : ditto, if you are lacking bands to exploit, here is your gold mine of information !
- venues : announce your concerts on your calendar and your personal site, and on the encyclopedia and ConcertMetal.com...
- shops : meet buyers and advertise your products with your personal space
● April 2007 :
first version of the webzine, for the small dozen of Metalheads of the "Lyon Metal Club". It was mainly to be accessible on the web and meet other people from the city, but it already had a few bands, discographies and reviews. Its first aim was (and still is) to make people discover new metal genres and bands.
● February 23, 2008 :
the "Lyon Metal Club" becomes officially Metalship with the buying of the domain name. The old small website is completely rebuilt to become a real webzine, with a first outlook for a participative encyclopedia and Metal community.
● Septembre, 2009 :
One year and a half after Metalship to be released in its first language (French) the translation to English is completed ! At that time, Metalship is one of the 3 main French Metal webzines, and the bet is to make Metalship one of the first worldwide Metal webzines in one year.
Is Metalship going to be THE metal website ?
Well, that lacks modesty of course, but let's put it apart a moment.
The aim of Metalship is to become the first worldwide Metal community.
For local bands, by giving them optimal visibility
for their promotion. For official reviewers, to give them the thousands of readers they deserve, and of course, for our members and visitors, to provide them with all the Metal info they need, in less than 3 clicks, and for them to have the most professional
Metalship's goals and values :
Why are we going to succeed?
- personalization : the aim is everybody to feel like they're on their own website, and thus, by two ways :
- by adapting Metalship to the user, by providing him with relevant content, targetting his preferences and by letting him personalize the info he can get (upcoming project iMetalship, letting anyone create its own summary of Metalship on a dynamic page).
- by letting anyone create its personal site, the same way you could create your Myspace or personal blog, but with advanced tools and more possibilities (personal site, albums collection, mails, private chat, friends network, personal MP3 player, concerts calendar, want ads ...)
- simple and pleasant : for anyone to enjoy surfing on Metalship and get knowledge by using and contributing to Metalship. For the users, of course, but also for the reviewers and professionals that have to promote themselves.
The accent is particularly on the simplicity of use of Metalship tools, to make them as intuitive and pleasant as possible.
- redaction quality : we are only volunteers, but professionalism is not a priority. All the articles are reviewed and corrected. The distinction between the webzine (written by the official reviewers team) and encyclopedia (written by members and pros promoting themselves) is clear to stay unbiased and objective. All of that requires lots of work, but a work that passionates us is not a task, but a pleasure. ;-)
- being exhaustive : for any user to have in a minimum of clicks all the information he could wish for. The accent is also put on the diversity of articles. Metalship is then one of the most complete Metal website : concerts, MP3, videos, want ads, photos, pictures & wallpapers, album releases, lyrics, artists bios, venues list, quizz, did you know, links directory...
Metalship is a complex set of sections that are completely different at first sight : webzine, encyclopedia, concerts agenda, community, personal pages, local metal sites, bands promotion, but all of this parts complement each other
and perfectly match.
Each part is pulled up and boosted by the other ones. The concerts calendar wouldn't be the first one in Europe if it wasn't thanks to the whole community, users, reviewers, and bands. Reciprocally, the community takes advantage of all the info provided by ConcertMetal, MetalWeb or Wallpaper.
All of this needs considerable work, but everyone has his place on Metalship : bands post their news and concerts, users contribute to the encyclopedia, reviewers to the webzine, admins review all the content, and I concentrate my efforts on improving the site and the community by releasing more tools, and making it easier.
So that's why we believe in Metalship, and know that it will necessarily become the first worldwide Metal community, promoting bands in a more appropriate way than Myspace, making Metalheads meet, and providing all the info readers wish for.
We know these goals will be achieved, as we achieved the previous goals we set up for Metalship.
At last, for what concerns the main projects to come for Metalship
(why stop after such a good start ?) :
: a project to make Metalship entirely configurable and personalizable
by the user, for him to have a summary in one page of all the info and articles he wants
● Metalship Promo
: an advanced extension of Metalship for pros to completely manage and promote themselves
: after the English translation, Metalship will also be available in different languages, such as Japanese, and if possible German, Spanish, or even Korean, to let you discover new Metal genres and broaden your horizon, especially towards Asian culture and their special vision of Metal.
Metalship Official team External communication manager : Nanoroux
[ com[at]metalship.org ]Official reviewers of the Metalship team :
|NanoRoux||Fondateur, Webmaster||official reviewer||Singapour|| (Singapore) |
|Gandalflegris||Chroniqueur, reporteur, newseur||official reviewer||GODEWAERSVELDE|| (59) |
|Balgar||Modérateur||forum moderator||Montpellier|| (34) |
|ExtraShuggah||Chroniques, interviews, news||official reviewer||Reykjavík || (Iceland) |
|Waifai||Chroniqueuse||official reviewer||Tunis|| (Tunisia) |
|yhol||Chroniqueur||official reviewer||Decize|| (58) |
|Demenzia Mortis||Apprenti chroniqueur||new reviewer||Mons|| (Belgium) |
|fields||Newseuse, apprentie Chroniqueuse||new reviewer||Paris|| (75) |
|Lalla Freya||Apprentie chroniqueuse||new reviewer||Berlin|| (Germany) |
|BlackFlame||Interview, chroniqueuse||new reviewer||Charleroi|| (Belgium) |
Grading scale and grades distribution
|0 - 4.9||mauvais
|5 - 5.9||moyen
|6 - 6.9||bon
|7 - 7.9||très bon
|8 - 8.9||excellent
|9 - 9.4||culte
|9.5 - 10||parfait
9/10 View the list of all Metalship members, sorted by location, played instrument, age, favorite bands or lives.
(the kind of boring stuff we have to put on the website, but that bothers everybody.....don't mind it!).
The website has been created and is exploited by :
C605, 1-5-2 Nakaochiai
The site, its pages and content (text, pictures, sounds, animations ...) are protected by copyright, in every country.
Any reproduction is forbidden without the agreement of the author.
Ok, this was for the legal aspect. If you really want to contact me, please use this address :
Hosting: 1&1 (France)